Pages

How To Make Your Own Canvas Silhouette Art

Jul 24, 2014



















































One of the easiest DIY decor projects I've ever done is this one.


All you'll need are a few things: 

5" x 5" canvases, like these (if you have a larger wall space to cover, get larger canvases)
Little bottle of acrylic paint (TIP: select a color found in the room you're decorating)
Paint brush 
Paper & Scissors
The Internet


I started by Googling silhouette images (I actually made this about five years ago.. so now I guess Pinterest would be a good option too!).  These are going to be used for stencils on the canvas. These canvases were made to hang in my bathroom, and I chose an aquatic plant theme for the designs.  



google.com
zazzle.com

Arrange your silhouettes on a Word Document and make sure they measure to be juuuust under 5" x 5".  Print, cut out, and lay on canvas.  Trace lightly with pencil.

Trace over the outline with acrylic paint using a small paintbrush, and then paint between the lines.  Go over design a few times to make sure  you have a solid color down.



Let dry and they are ready to hang!  

If you give this a try, let me know how it goes in the comments!

Brooke Sandra

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs